OZ The Musical
A dazzling musical based on the L. Frank Baum classic story
Book by Tim Kelly
Music and lyrics by Bill Francoeur
Directed by Linda Holland
The timeless “Wizard of Oz” tale has been adapted into a dazzling musical. A cyclone carries Dorothy and Toto to the magical Land of Oz. When Dorothy’s house squashes the Wicked Witch of the East, she is ecstatically thanked by the liberated Munchkins and given permission to wear the witch’s powerful silver slippers. From there, Baum’s lovable characters, rubber-legged Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and Tin Woodsman, join Dorothy on a journey to meet the great Oz. While on their trek, they battle the Wicked Witch of the West, who is determined to get revenge for the death of her sister. This bright musical is charged with a bundle of wonderful songs and thrill after thrill... like the escape from the Fighting Trees and encountering the enchanted poppies. Eventually, Glinda the Good Witch helps Dorothy defeat the evil witch and her winged monkeys. The great and powerful wizard grants Dorothy’s friends their wishes and of course, helps Dorothy return to Kansas.
Auditions will be held on December 7th at 10am-6pm ONLY.
Show dates: 4th, 11th & 25th April 2020.
· Choreographer: looking for someone who either currently teaches or has been dancing for at least 5yrs and is wanting try choreography
· Set Designer/Builder
· Sound Operator
· Lighting Design/Operator
Below characters MUST be strong singers:
· Dorothy: female, 14-25yrs old – lead character, usually has a very optimistic outlook on life but is a strong personality when challenged.
· Wicked Witch of the West: female – 18-70yrs old – lead character, is strong willed and evil – shown through their vocal and physical character aspects.
· Scarecrow: male – 18-50yrs old – lead character – country bumkin, very physical character in regards to movement.
· Tin Woodsman: male – 18-50yrs old – lead character – very physical character in regards to movement.
· Cowardly Lion: Male or Female – 18-50yrs old – lead character - very physical character in regards to movement especially emotions involving fear and lack of self-worth.
· Wizard of Oz: male – 18-80yrs old – supporting character – must have a strong vocal presence balanced by a poor physical presence when discovered.
· Boq: male or female – 8-15yrs old – supporting character – lead munchkin.
Below characters – basic singing ability required:
· Munchkins: 8 male and female actors – 8-15yrs - opportunity for solo lines in dialogue and songs for young actors wanting to try theatre. Will also have other roles such as Emerald City townsfolk, fighting trees, poppies
· Glinda: female – 18-70yrs old – supporting character and is a “light and fluffy” personality until she shows her steely side when protecting Dorothy.
· China Princess: female – 12-30yrs old – supporting character with dialogue – good opportunity for an actor wanting to try theatre - Will also have other roles such as Emerald City townsfolk
· Emerald City Guards: two actors male or female – 18-60yrs old – supporting role with dialogue – good opportunity for actors wanting to try theatre.
· Winged Monkeys: two actors male or female – 12-18yrs old – supporting role with dialogue (possibly supporting in a song) - good opportunity for actors wanting to try theatre. Will also have other roles such as munchkins, fighting trees, poppies
· Aunt Em: female – 30-70yrs old - supporting role with dialogue – good opportunity for an actor wanting to try theatre. Will also have other roles such as fighting trees, poppies
For further information or to book an audition time,
please email Linda at: email@example.com